Athletes Code - Playing Time
- Many individual factors influence athletes playing time. These include your commitment to training, presence and execution at practice, skill set, anticipated contribution to the team, and performance under pressure.
- Many game-time and team-level factors influence athlete playing time. These include the opponent’s strategies, player matchups, limits on substitutions, team chemistry, and anticipated offensive options.
- Many intangibles also influence athlete playing time. These include your ability to inspire others, resolve conflicts, and the support you give your teammates.
- All players in good standing are given a chance to contribute wherever possible during competitions. These opportunities cannot be guaranteed. Be aware that your idea of when these opportunities should occur may not coincide with the perception of the coaching staff.
- I will work hard to tell the truth in my interaction with teammates, coaches, my parents, staff, and trainers.
- I will appreciate and show respect to those who work on my behalf (team managers, administrators, support personnel, and officials), those who coach me, those who train with me, and those who compete against me.
- I will learn how to set goals, live by them, and develop a lifestyle where I am committed and focused putting forth my maximum effort with a positive attitude.
- I will maintain my academics on a solid foundation throughout my career, never creating problems for my team because I failed to take care of my academic responsibilities.
- I will be loyal to my teammates, to my coaches, and to my program. I will overcome the urge to complain, think negatively, backstab, take part in cliques, or act in any manner that negatively disrupts team chemistry.
- I will be a positive ambassador of our program making my teammates, staff, friends, and the community feel great about being on this team.
- I will learn to anticipate upcoming responsibilities and raise my voice to address problems at their onset.
- I will accept the decisions of the coaching staff regarding team management, playing time, and training techniques and support my teammates as we train and compete regardless of whether I am on the court or on the bench.